Days of Shadow IV: The ShadowRun (Sept 14 - 16) Mar 27, 2012 15:29:52 GMT -5
Post by Kaida NyteClaw on Mar 27, 2012 15:29:52 GMT -5
Days of Shadow IV: The ShadowRun
Cost: $10 for the weekend and it includes feast.
Location: Frankton Heritage Field in Frankton, Indiana
Troll: Noon on Friday
MittelMarchers and Outlanders: Because you have helped us have fun in the past and because you all have asked for our support and have kept the games alive, Kanthea is providing a $5 levy off the weekend price. This means you can camp out for 3 days with us and enjoy a lovely feast for only $5.
Also: New Event Page:
This compiles this info and lets you know what to expect.
Dag Battles Planned:
KYK - Kill your Killer
Troll Raid (Maybe if enough are present)
Holy Point (Perhaps)
Capture the Flag
Ring The Bell
Quad Boat Battle
Dragon Formation I, II, III
AND NIGHT BATTLES!!!!!
Special prizes to the baddest player on the field, the wackiest player and the wild partying player. Will be taking votes from everyone for these awards.
RP Battling planned:
Kanthea is teetering on the brink of sinking back into the shadows. Evil creatures are at the very doorstep and we must either make friends or drive them out of the borders.
Activities to be signed up on Friday for the rest of the weekend:
(Non Dagorhir Related - though still fun)
2. National Guard: Rock Climb Tower
3. Pie Eating Contest
4. Rifle Shooting (Its a Raffle): Shootout to win a Rifle and other prizes
5. Log Cutting Contest(This might not go on, depends on the BSA)
6. Hot Air Balloon Rides
7. Helicopter Rides
8. Quilt/Woodcarving/woodworking show
9. Tractor pulls
What to expect while here:
Reenactors: 1812, Native American, Amish, and more
Rides: They vary in intensity and size.
Food: Fair Food and Food From Scratch
Supplies: As being there we get:
1. Free Water
2. Free Entry since we are part of the Fair, in the Public's Eyes
(For this I will be attending meetings to get passes for you guys, whom do show. So you can go on the town, get your personal supplies (Food, water, Liquor, whatever.....)
3. Free Firewood
PLEASE NOTE: Anything extra such as rides, soveneirs, yard sale stuff, reenact stuff, and more that cost money. That will be up to your discretion for how much other than gas money to get to the location and also for Dag Troll fee.
ALL TRADING FEES ARE NEGATED: Any money you make from goods, is yours. So help bring people over and offer goods to others!!! I will be selling jewelry, trinkets, tabbards, weapons, armor, and leather and gemstones, and more that weekend.
Rules to be followed though
We have local authorities that go around at night time after the park closes, but we still stay up and enjoy the entire grounds to ourselves, and lights stay on...which means night battles...WOOT!!
This is part of the battles being hosted,
but we still need to follow some basic rules, these are for future Dag Events Here....
1. Do not get too DRUNK to cause domestic disturbances, cops, popos, and also our reenacting brothers will enforce you to leave. As I will also ask you to go home.
2. During the night time, we wont battle as much, because of a certain ride that goes past our camping area. We got in trouble last year because a new person decided to scare the local kids on the ride, the father complained and we were told to not do that again or never come back. I want to keep it to where we are able to stay. I will announce Night Battles as soon as the campgrounds close.
3. If you build a fire, please tend to it and when your done, fully put it out and put the grass and dirt back on top for future growth and less mess.
4. Campsites need to be presentable to people. They wont look inside your tents or anything. But outside your tents, try to keep it neat.
If you are planning for this, I need to know As soon as you can...I have monthly meetings with the Heritage Council, so I need to plan for all whom attend. Im on the mittelmarch or Kanthea Forums everyday, feel free to post up who is going.
This is a general understanding of when it is. Something for all to plan for.
Directions to it: